We are delighted to present our current menus. We have worked hard to perfect the best lunchtime options for office workers, tourists, children and visitors to the botanic garden. Feel free to enquire about any of our menu items.
BREAKFAST MENU - SERVED UNTIL 11.30AM
- Porridge with banana, maple syrup and pecans £3.50
- Smoked bacon roll £3.95
- Bacon and free range fried egg roll £4.50
- Free range fried egg and avocado roll £3.95
- Free range scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on granary toast £7.95
IN THE CHILLER FROM 10AM
- Homemade sausage roll £3.50
- Spinach and feta pie £3.50
- Potato tortilla £3.50
- Tarts and quiches £3.50
- Add a side salad: mixed leaves with grated carrot, toasted pumpkin seeds, raisins, mint and flat leaf parsley in a light zesty dressing £2.50
- At the counter you will also find filled rolls and baguettes together with boxed salads and a tempting selection of homemade cakes.
LUNCH SERVED BETWEEN 11.30 AND 3PM
- Jacket potatoes served with our house salad: £6.50
- Roasted vegetables and hummus
- Bacon and mature cheddar cheese
- Tuna mayonnaise
- Baked beans
- Mature cheddar cheese
- Slow roasted lamb wrap with red cabbage slaw, mint yogurt dressing and harissa £6.50
- Falafel wrap with hummus, red cabbage slaw and sweet chilli sauce £5.95
- Homemade soup with granary bread and butter £4.95
- Pasta of the day £3.95
- Slice of the day £4.95
- Please see the special board for today’s soup options plus guest wraps
CHILDREN'S MEAL DEAL £4.00
Please choose one of the following:
- Homemade children’s sausage roll with baked beans
- Pesto pasta with cheddar cheese
- Half jacket potato with tuna mayonnaise, cheddar cheese or baked beans
- Includes a Mini Milk or Yummy Lolly and a carton of orange or apple juice
- Self serve salad bar; small pot £2.95; large pot £3.95
- Individual items in salad bar £2.95 or £6.00 with a large salad pot
- Sandwiches, baguettes and rolls, individually priced
- Homemade soup (see the board for the daily choice) with granary bread or rice cakes £4.95
- Homemade cakes, pastries and biscuits
- Frozen yogurts
PLEASE ORDER AT THE COUNTER
Milk, sugar, cutlery, napkins and tap water can be found on the sideboard inside the cafe
Here at the Garden Café we only ever use free range eggs, our hot drinks are Fairtrade or Rain Forest Alliance certified and our disposables are all compostable. Mill road butchers, Newnham bakery, Ely based crisp company Corkers and local Cambridgeshire apple juice are amongst our carefully selected suppliers.
The Garden Café is not in a position to guarantee a completely allergen free environment, however as we prepare the majority of the products on the menu ourselves we can offer advice and alternatives should you require.
We make some delicious cakes using gluten free flour together with our ever popular vegan date flapjack. We do also stock individually wrapped Honeybuns cakes which are certified gluten free.
Our soups are made with gluten free ingredients and are usually vegan, as are some of the jacket potato fillings.
If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to speak to a member of the café team.
Tweet us @The_Garden_Cafe
Like our Facebook page: The Garden Café Cambridge or visit our takeaway shop on Mill Road, The Garden Kitchen (Open Mon to Sat 8-6)